CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BYU-I 40th Ward Opening Social

On Monday Barry & I went to Rexburg for the 40th Ward Opening Social. It was held at Nature Park. I'd never been there and had never even heard of it. But it was a very nice park Across the street from where we were was this pretty little scene.

First the ward played games. This is my group playing the name game. It's like fruit basket but with names. I had everyone call me by the name of Gigi. It was fun to learn everyone's name. I was it once.

Bishop Bennett then talked with the group. He said welcome to the 40th Ward. They all cheered. Such an enthusiastic group! He told them he was glad everyone came and that he loved them all.

There was pizza galore & salads & dessert

There were around 120 kids that showed up and they all had a great time.

It started at 6:30 and by the time it ended it was very dark. When I took pictures I blinded everyone. They were told what Family Home Evening groups they would attend. From now on one group at a time will come to our home every Monday night for Family Home Evening. We provide the treat, they provide everything else.

1 comments:

Cecily said...

What a good looking group of kids! I love BYU-I so much, and I miss it. I don't miss all the homework, but what an awesome place. You and Dad are lucky you get to serve there.